I'm Nikki. I'm a late-20-something mother to Evie, wife to M, and I'm also a middle and high school teacher in a small school district.
Here are the top 10 things you should know about me, in no particular order, of course:
1. I love the Brewers and the Badgers. I am also a Packer fan, but I like the others better. That's practically cause for exile in the state of Wisconsin, but I'll risk it.
2. I have lived in Wisconsin all of my life, except for a semester in Spain when I was in college. Wisconsin is very dear to me. It's a beautiful state with much more than just cows. Although the cows do help make some delicious cheese...
3. I have been a teacher for 6 years, and I LOVE my job. Since I was little, all I ever wanted to do is teach. There is never a dull day working with teenagers!!
4. I'm bilingual. I speak English and Spanish, and I try to speak to Evie in Spanish as much as I can in hopes that she'll pick up on some of it. My husband is boring and monolingual.
5. I love wine, especially any white wine. I'm trying to develop an appreciation for reds, but I don't know if I'll ever really love them.
6. Along with the wine, I also enjoy beer. LOTS of beers. I'm a little more picky about the beer than the wine, but a few of my favorites are Leinie's Summer Shandy, New Glarus Spotted Cow (only available in WI. If you ever have the chance, DRINK IT, with a lemon wedge.), and Blue Moon.
7. I LOVE to shop. It probably sounds vapid, but my family treats shopping as family quality time. Evie goes shopping with me often.
8. I am a novice gardener. The garden in my mind is much bigger than the garden in my backyard, so it's a work in progress.
9. My family is SUPER close - my immediate family, and also my extended family on my mom's side. All four of my mom's siblings and her parents still live within about 5 miles of each other. I grew up practically like siblings to most of my cousins.
10. My extended family is close, and my own little family is the center of my universe. M is my best friend, biggest supporter, and the love of my life. Words cannot begin to express what having a child has done for our family. I am truly blessed.