Friday, January 13, 2012

How a toddler is like a drunk person

Disclaimer (wow, my second disclaimer this week!):  I'm not advocating allowing a toddler to drink alcohol, nor am I advocating allowing drunk people to care for a child.  This comparison is merely for fun.  If it offends you, please lighten up.  :)

The other day M and I were talking about how, since having a baby, we don't really deal with drunk people anymore.  Our friends are kind of a rowdy bunch, and middle of the night mayhem was not uncommon at our house even a few years ago.  I also bartended for a few summers after I graduated from college, so dealing with drunk people was literally part of the job. 

Then, we really got thinking about it, and Evie sometimes reminds us of when we had to take care of intoxicated friends back in the day.  So, we decided to make a list of all of the ways our toddler reminds us of a drunk person.

She falls down a lot.

She babbles incoherently.

She is hilarious to watch.

Clothing is confusing to her.

She should not be left unattended.

She makes a mess in the kitchen.


She can be incredibly belligerent. 

She does not know how to properly operate a vehicle.


And my favorite comparison:
they think they're always right.  

Yup, Mom, you know I'm right!!

3 comments:

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Cracks me up! Totally true!

Jen + Jeff said...

Funny! I would add that my toddler laughs for no reason like drunk person and randomly "talks" too loud.

courtney - larking. said...

Too cute!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!