Tuesday, August 21, 2012

26 Weeks


I've had a few blog posts rattling around my brain lately, but as I'm enjoying the last few weeks of my summer, I haven't found the time or energy to post them.  All in good time....

But for now, here's proof that I wear something other than yoga pants and maternity tank tops when I'm off work.

26 Weeks (and 1 day)


The past few weeks have just plodded along.  Evie and I have made the most of our time by going to the park, visiting family, doing some back-to-school shopping, and trying to stay caught up around the house. (Yeah, right!)  Next Tuesday is my last official day of summer before I go back for inservice.  The kids start two weeks from today.  It will all be here before we know it!

Weight gain/loss: Up a total of 20 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Blargh!!!!!  As I've posted before, it's bothering me much more this time, and I'm not really sure why. 

Fruit of the week: This week baby is the size of a head of lettuce.

Feeling: I feel like the 3rd trimester back ache kicked in a couple of weeks early.  It could probably be attributed to wrestling taking care of a toddler every day.  I've also been getting a headache every afternoon for the past week or so.  I've been trying to drink more water to see if that helps. 

Sleep: Actually pretty good.  I'm trying to enjoy my last week of non-school year sleep.  I'm a total insomniac during the school year.

Food cravings: SWEET.....anything sweet and bad for you.  Chocolate, cake, cookies, brownies, you name it.  I'm kind of glad that M's birthday is tomorrow so I have an excuse to make one of the above.  Right now, I'm thinking a double batch of his favorite chocolate chip cookies....

Maternity clothes:  See picture above.  I actually own a maternity dress.  However, the only reason I'm wearing it today is because I was sick of hitching up my maternity pants which always.fall.down.   


Movement:  We can now see movement from the outside!  And I feel like I'm beginning to place body parts.  Pretty sure I felt a leg earlier.  

Gender? Boy!

What I miss?  Not being pregnant.  I'm emotionally ready for this baby to be here.  I'm not trying to wish the time away, but the sooner he's here, the sooner we can adjust to life as a family of four.  (i.e. NO MORE WAITING!!!)

Best moment this week: Visiting my sister in Illinois with my other sister and her 4 month old daughter.  Evie, my sister, the baby, and I made the 4 hour drive on Friday and then back home on Sunday without too many problems.  Although, we probably looked like a traveling circus!   

What I'm looking forward to:  As much as I'm dreading bringing Evie to daycare every day, and not having this time with her, I am looking forward to school starting.  I'm trying to finish a few projects around the house in the mean time!


Next Appointment: Next Monday, August 27 for the blood glucose/gestational diabetes test.  After that, my appointments are every two weeks. 

1 comment:

echo said...

Funny, but with empty nest staring at me, and my baby starting college Sept. 18th, I have really been missing the baby days and yes, even being pregnant, but with my oldest adopted and my youngest 7 weeks early, I wasn't pregnant much for the mom of two. Enjoy every moment.

Dixie (echo)

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!