Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Four Posts for the Price of One!

This seemed like the easiest way for me to get caught up with what our life has been like lately.  So, here it goes...

First, we've been up to a lot.  Last weekend, we were really busy, but a highlight was going to the local "Breakfast on the Farm."  Evie had a great time.  M was raised on a farm and these types of events (including the county fair) were a major part of his childhood.  He loves taking Evie to them.  We've already made plans to go to the Wisconsin State Fair in August!

Evie playing in the "corn box" at the Breakfast on the Farm

We have been working on some home improvement projects over the past few weekends.  We are still considering putting our house on the market sometime this summer.  It's a big decision.  There are a lot of pros and cons to weigh, and I feel like I change my mind every day.  In the past month, we have painted the master bath, and repainted our living room.  (Sorry, I only have before and after pics of the bathroom.)  We are probably going to be getting new carpet sometime this summer too.
       
Mirror wall before and after

          
Shower wall before and after

The walls were just plain white, and I had red rugs and a red shower curtain.  Now the walls are blue and a new coat of off-white, and the accent color is chocolate brown.  I really like how it turned out!!

Today was my last day of school with my students.  I have to go in tomorrow to finish up grades and give my room a thorough cleaning.  On Friday, I have about 10,000 errands to run, and I have an OB appointment.  Saturday, we are going to a Brewer game with some friends to celebrate my birthday (I'll be the big 3-0 on Sunday!!  Yikes!!!!).  On Sunday we have to go my our nephew's 2nd birthday party, and finally on Monday, my dad, Evie and I hop on a plane to spend 16 days in Spain.  Whew!!!

To say that I'm feeling a little overwhelmed is an understatement.  I do not regret my decision to take this trip with Evie.  In all honesty, I never would have gone without her.  This is an amazing opportunity that just sort of fell into my lap, and I can't pass it up.  I didn't plan on being pregnant, but there are pregnant women all over the world, I'm sure I'll be fine.  :)

I will be trying to post while we are gone, but it might be more difficult than I think it will be.  I have about 15 posts (no exaggeration!) rattling around in my brain lately.  I hope that I am able to write more now that school is out.  But at the moment, sleep wins!!!


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

P.S.  If you like what you've read, send a vote my way!  :)

1 comment:

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Yah for the last day of school. I like the wall change. I hope you have a great time with Evie!! Dont worry- just relax. You will be fine. I cant wait to hear all about it!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!