Thursday, November 8, 2012

37 weeks (3 days)

I know I haven't posted a weekly update in a while.  Probably because I fell off of the blogosphere for a while, but now that I'm back, I thought I'd write weekly updates while they still last.

So here I am at 37 weeks and 3 days.


What's funny is that looking at this picture, I don 't know if I look significantly huger (even though I feel significantly huger) that I did my last "weekly" update at 27 weeks

27 weeks 1 day

I feel like I just look thicker all around.  My face, my hips, my meaty man hands...  But the bump seems to stick as far out ahead of my boobs as it did back then.  Am I just delusional???  I guess that's why so many people reacted in disbelief back then when I told them I still had 3 months to go.  Ha ha ha!!

Weight gain/loss: +37 lbs.  I had hoped not to gain as much this time as I did with Evie, but I've packed it on slow and steady just like I did last time.  At the time Evie was born at 39 weeks 1 day, I had gained a total of 42 lbs.  I look like I could pull that off again.  I am comforted by the fact that my beginning weight this time was about 10 lbs. less than before I got pregnant with Evie, and hopefully breastfeeding will help me take off the weight like it did last time.  

Fruit of the week: This week baby is the size of a watermelon, but with arms and legs that keep jabbing me from the inside.

Feeling: Ready to have this baby!!!  The house is as ready as it's going to be.  Evie is as ready as she's going to be, and M and I know what to expect from a newborn, but we're ready to jump into the unknown of a newborn and a toddler.  

Sleep: Not so great.  I wake up from the pain in my hips and then I flip myself over to the other side, just to lay there awake for a couple of hours because I'm worried about school, labor, Evie...  At 2:00 a.m., everything always seems more worrisome!

Food cravings: None lately.  I get full really fast these days, and I've been battling a little bit of reflux too.  My throat feels like it's burning if I haven't eaten or drank anything in a few hours.  I think that it just acts up when my stomach is empty. 

Movement: I'm surprised by how much movement I'm still feeling.  It also worries me though, I want this baby to stay head down.  He was still head down at my 37 week check up on Monday, and I'll find out this coming Monday if he still is.  The baby and I have officially been labeled as having an "unstable lie."  This just means that the doctor is uneasy about the fact that the baby flipped on his own this late in my pregnancy.  She was very explicit that if I go into labor I NEED to tell the admissions team at the hospital to do a quick ultrasound to make sure he's still head down before they allow my labor to progress.  Basically, if he flips again at the wrong time, I will have a c-section.  :(


Name:  Still unsure.  We've narrowed it down to 2 choices though...

What I miss?  Being able to see Evie when she hugs my legs.  ;)  She kind of disappears under my bump these days.  

Best moment this week: When we found out that the baby had flipped head down on his own, and we didn't need to have the ECV procedure!

What I'm looking forward to:  Thanksgiving!  It's my favorite holiday of the year.  I have been hoping to have a Thanksgiving baby.  Maybe not on Thanksgiving Day this year, but I have a week time period to have the baby so that his birthday will fall on Thanksgiving every 5 - 6 years.  Does anyone out there have a holiday birthday?  Is it really annoying and I should stop hoping for that???


Next Appointment: Next Monday, November 12 at 38 weeks. 

1 comment:

Amber said...

At 2 a.m. everything is more worrisome-- so true. Liam was breech until pretty late in my pregnancy, too. (I think he turned around 35 weeks). You can definitely feel the flip at that point. Good thoughts heading your way. My birthday's four days after Christmas. I used to make my mom take down our tree before my party because, you know, it was my birthday not Christmas. It's not so bad now that I'm an adult, though.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!