Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Waffle Fail

I had a major craving for waffles on Sunday morning, but we were out of the box mix that I usually use, and I was WAY too lazy to run to the grocery store to pick up some more.  So, I was resourceful and I turned to the trusty internet to solve my problem for me.

I found a waffle recipe that had good reviews and I gave it a whirl.  The batter turned out really runny, and kind of chunky.  I usually like to eat some of the pancake/waffle batter (totally gross to most people, I know, but we all have our sick little vices, right??!!?!), and I wouldn't even eat the batter, so I knew that this was not going to end well. 




Gross-o batter that I wouldn't eat.
I put it in the waffle iron anyway, and what came out was an awful, not a waffle.  (That's M's pun, he has to take all of the credit for that  great pun.)  I didn't even take a picture of it because it was just a pile of sort of cooked batter...it was pretty nasty.

However, the waffle craving was so strong, that I actually started over with a new recipe.

This batter was edible...by my standards.
And the waffles turned out great too!!
Evie and M both loved them.  I was so disgusted with the fact that I spent over an hour attempting to make about 6 waffles that I didn't have much of an appetite to eat them anymore.  Oh well, at least I found a recipe I can use in the future.  Or, I'll just get off my lazy ass and go to the grocery store.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!