Friday, April 20, 2012

Stuff my kid says

Evie is talking more and more lately.  As a language teacher, it amazes me to watch how she learns each new word and the order in which she learns them, what is important for her to communicate and how she expresses herself.  She can tell me what she wants and what she doesn't want (not that she gets her way, but she can tell me nonetheless!).  With all of the new communication, her little personality is exploding.

"Listen up! I've got important things to say!!"

Some of my favorite things that Evie has said:
  • "Ava, Kloe, fun!" In response to M asking how her day was.  (Ava and Kloe are two other little girls at daycare.)
  • Yes and No...sometimes indiscriminately.  When we went to the doctor's office last week, she said yes when the doctor asked if she had chocolate ice cream for breakfast.  Then she said yes when he asked if she had cereal for breakfast.  She also said yes when he asked if she had yogurt for breakfast.  (Only the yogurt was actually true, lol!)
  • Eye, ear, nose, and toes. - She can be a little violent with this one.  She jabbed me in the eye the other day trying to show me that she knew where my eye was.  
  • Cow, sheep, cat, dog, horse, duck...  She loves to point them out in books or on TV.  However, she thinks they all say, "moo."  I guess we'll have to keep working on that.
  • Last weekend she pointed at my sister's LARGE pregnant belly (she's due the 24th) and said, "ball."  My sister was less than impressed, but I thought it was pretty funny.  :)
I can't wait to see how she does in Spain.  I speak Spanish with her when it's just the two of us at home.  She usually understands me, but she hasn't said many words in Spanish.  Just "pato" (duck) and "hija" (daughter...which I always call her). 

Seeing her learn to talk in the most exciting thing I've ever experienced!

1 comment:

Amber said...

This is so cute. I love that you're teaching her Spanish, too.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!