So, we managed to have a few laughs. In no particular order:
- We have been trying to teach Evie the words for the parts of her body for some time now, and she has had a real problem with "nose." Whenever you ask her where her nose is, she points to her ear, eyebrow, or chin. I always laugh when she does this...it probably only encourages her to point to the wrong spot. :(
- Related to the "nose issue," I recently started pushing her nose and saying beep, and then saying, "nose." (I don't know if I thought this might help her figure it out...I'm not really worried that she'll never figure out where her nose it or anything...but it was just something goofy to do.) Anyway, so the other day, I was holding her and she pushed my nose and said, "beep." I cracked up. Now she pushes everyone else's noses and says beep, but she still doesn't know where her own nose is.
- We keep Evie's toys in an old laundry basket in our living room. Lately she has been into emptying the basket and then climbing into it herself. I just think it's cute.
|Please ignore the gray part at the bottom of the picture...still figuring out how to edit pics from my new phone. :(|
- She has also figured out how to climb into her princess chair that she received for her birthday last summer. I think she just likes to have a place of her own to sit! She pulls herself onto the chair, and then she yells for one of us to give her a book. She will load herself up with 5 or 6 books, and just sit in the chair and look at them.
|Again, ignore the gray thing...uuuugggghhh!!!|
- M and I refuse to let the other one do the grocery shopping. I know he'll miss some of my food, or I'll miss some of his and it causes a monster fight. (We're protective of our food around here!), so the solution is to go grocery shopping together. We went shopping last night and Evie was being a major crab. She wanted to walk with us, not stay in the cart. So, we let her try it in an aisle without too many other people. She was in heaven, and then she heard the piped in grocery store music. She started dancing in the middle of the frozen food section. HILARIOUS!!!!