In no particular order:
- Evie LOVES to read, and she's wanted to be read to even more than usual lately. Yesterday morning, I was sitting in the rocking chair in her room trying to put her shoes on her. She ran away from me, pulled her blanket out of her crib and brought it to me. I placated her, and wrapped her up in the blanket. Then she said "Uppies" (translation "Up, please"), so I put her on my lap, and then she pointed to the books on her shelf and said "reet" (translation "read"). Apparently, she wasn't quite ready to go to daycare.
- Evie has a caterpillar toy that will roll on it's own when you wind it up. It's in the basement den with a lot of her other toys and our treadmill. Evie often sits on the treadmill to play. She was playing with the caterpillar, and I was sitting on the floor next to her. She stood up and handed me the caterpillar. I wound it up, and sent it down the treadmill between her legs. She thought it was the funniest thing! Her giggles always make me giggle!
- We went out for dinner last night, and Evie was being a total crab. M started walking his fingers across the table towards her to "sneak" up on her. She thought that it was so funny and it totally snapped her out of her funk. (Whew!!! I thought we were headed for full meltdown!)
- I was painting my toenails the other day and Evie was very interested in what I was doing. She sat down next to me and watched me for a few minutes. Then, she looked up at me, and held her foot up, like "Do mine next!" I painted her toenails for her...maybe she's too young, but it looks so cute!
|Evie's and my pink toes|
- We have a set of bathtub toy letter that stick to the side of the tub. Evie didn't show much interest in them, until M made up a new game for them. He slaps them on the side of the tub and says the name of the letter. It makes a loud bang, and then Evie repeats the name of the letter. She thinks it's a riot, and I never thought that she would learn the alphabet by screaming the letters in the bathtub. LOL!
What are your top 5 laughs of the week? Link up at The Mommyhood Chronicles!