Monday, May 14, 2012

12 Weeks

Another busy week!!  I can tell the end of the school year is coming because my work load feels like it has tripled.  I have to stay caught up with everything so that my grades are in on time.  Along with writing finals, helping kids prep for finals, grading final projects, and just trying to keep my classroom from imploding on a daily basis, May is always a rough time of year.

Actually, I am writing this post right now to procrastinate from grading tests. :)  I feel like a college student all over again...ha ha ha!

I feel like I'm still looking the same as the past few weeks
Weight gain/loss: +3 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Same as last week.  I wanted to make it through first trimester without gaining more than a pound or two.  I'll take 3 lbs.  :)

Fruit of the week: This week baby is the size of a plum.  That seems really big!!

Feeling: More upbeat than last week.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel with school, and I leave for Spain 4 weeks from today.  I have a lot to look forward to!

Sleep:  Still pretty comfortable.  I'm trying to sleep on my back and stomach as much as possible because I know that will come to an end all too soon. 

Food cravings/aversions: Nothing major.  I'm feeling much less nauseous, but I still just want to snack all the time. I never feel like eating a full meal.

Maternity Clothing: Not yet.  My weight has fluctuated a lot since before I was pregnant with Evie.  (I gained 40 lbs. during pregnancy and then lost 60 lbs. after she was born.)  I own LOTS of sizes of clothing because of it.  I still weigh less now than before I got pregnant with Evie (by 5 lbs.), so I've found that I fit into a lot of clothes that I wore before my 1st pregnancy.  I will need some maternity stuff soon though.  My shirts are all getting too short! 

Gender? Now that I've told more people, everyone keeps saying, "I bet you're hoping for a boy."  It's been getting on my pregnant nerves. 

What I miss?  The nice weather has made me crave refreshing summer beverages....a mojito would be amazing right now!!

Best moment this week: Spending Mother's Day with M and Evie at a Brewer game.  They lost, but hopefully I'll see a win sometime this season!  ...and telling one of my high school classes the news today.  It's nice to not be hiding anything anymore. 

What I'm looking forward to: This weekend when we have NOTHING planned. 


Next Appointment: Next Monday, May 21.  

1 comment:

Mrs. V said...

I'm nearly 16 weeks and it also irritates me when people assume that I would want a girl this time around. If this baby is a girl I'll be thrilled. If this baby is a boy I'll be thrilled. Grrr..! I feel your pain! You look great!!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!