Monday, May 21, 2012

2nd Trimester - 13 Weeks!!

I can't believe that I'm 13 weeks already.  I remember feeling really pregnant when I hit 13 weeks with Evie.  I don't feel that way this time, but I think it's because I know what's coming.  ;)

New day, same bump.


Weight gain/loss: +3 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Same as the past two weeks.  I am so glad that I only gained 3 pounds during first trimester!

Fruit of the week: This week baby is the size of a peach.  

Feeling: Tired, tired, and more tired.  I'm hoping that it's just the end of the school year, and that I'll have a 2nd tri energy boost in the next couple of weeks. 

Sleep:  Comfortable, but I just feel like I never get enough of it. 

Food cravings/aversions:Turkey and bacon sandwich on toast with Swiss cheese and honey mustard dressing.  Yes, it was that specific, and yes, I walked to the store and bought the necessary items to fulfill this craving last night.  Totally worth it!

Maternity Clothing: I strolled through the maternity section at Target yesterday.  I was incredibly disappointed.  I feel like my old clothes are getting too small, but all of that maternity stuff seemed to be for women who are much larger than I am right now.  Boo for this in-between stage. 

Gender? I've decided I'm not going to think about it for a while.  It's crazy that we'll be able to find out in 7 weeks!!   

What I miss? Feeling refreshed when I wake up in the morning.  

Best moment this week: Being productive this weekend.  I painted a bathroom, helped M build a fence around our garden, planted the garden, and ran a ton of errands.  I even  managed to take a short nap both days when Evie napped too! 

What I'm looking forward to:  Visiting my family for Memorial Day weekend.  My sister from Illinois will be there too!   


Next Appointment: This afternoon.  It should be a routine weight/blood pressure check.  But we will get to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time!  :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

I always hated that in between stage too...where if I didn't wear just the right top, i looked like I had too many cheeseburgers...not pregnant:) Have you tried the "belly band"? I used that for both of my pregnancies when I was in that transition period.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!