Monday, May 28, 2012

14 Weeks

14 weeks is deceiving.  I'm starting to feel like I'm making some progress with this whole pregnancy thing, and then I look at the calendar and realize that my due date (November 26) is still 6 long months away.  One day at a time....

Feeling much bigger than last week.



Weight gain/loss: +3 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight.  I've remained constant for 3 weeks now. 

Fruit of the week: This week baby is the size of a lemon.  

Feeling: Tired, but the long weekend helped.  Going to my parent's for the weekend really helped.  I went almost all day Saturday without changing a diaper thanks to my mom and my sister (and M did a few too)!!!! 

Sleep:  I'm beginning to notice that I can't sleep on my back for long periods of time.  :(  I was dreading this.  I flop around when I sleep and being sentenced to sleeping on my side is like torture.  I've been putting it off for as long as possible.  

Food cravings: Strawberry rhubarb crisp.  I made it at my parent's with fresh rhubarb from my grandma's garden.  The downside to making it at my parent's is that I couldn't eat it all myself, which I definitely would have done if I'd been at home. 

Movement:  I think I may have felt a small kick on Saturday night, and again earlier this evening.  It's so much earlier than with Evie!!  I didn't feel her until almost 21 weeks due to anterior placenta/first pregnancy. 

Maternity Clothing: My sister gave all of my maternity clothes back to me.  Holy comfortable!!!  A lot of it is still too big, but it's much better than unbuttoning my pants on the way home from school.  :)

Gender? Still not thinking about it.    

What I miss? Having several Memorial Day weekend beverages with my family on Saturday afternoon/evening.  I bought myself some alcohol free wine, but seriously, not even close to the same thing.  

Best moment this week: My family surprising me with a birthday cake at our cookout on Saturday night.  My birthday is June 10th and I probably won't see any of my family until we get back from Spain at the end of the month.  I'll be the big 3-0 this year, so it was a neat surprise.  They even put 30 candles on the cake!! 

What I'm looking forward to:  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't counting down to the end of the school year.   


Next Appointment: June 8th.  I had to squeeze it in before we leave for Spain on June 11th.  Holy crap...only 2 more weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!