Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Better Late Than Never - A Mother's Day Post

So, I know Mother's Day was weeks ago, but my blogging has been sporadic at best lately, so this is when my Mother's Day post is going to happen.  At least it's still May, right??

My Mother's Day present from Evie


Our Mother's Day was a great family day this year.  We live too far away to conveniently visit either of our moms on Mother's Day, so it's kind of nice to just spend it the three of us.

Evie made me (with the help of daycare) the hand print flower in the picture above.  I cried when I opened it.  It's the first thing that she's ever made for me.  The pink hand print on the left is smudged because she was wiggly, but that's what makes it hers. 

For the day, M, Evie, and I went to a Brewer game.  Another loss....I've been to 3 games this year, and they've all been losses.  Well, the whole season has pretty much been that way, so I guess that's what I should expect. 

M and I are not too big on holidays.  We've never given each other extravagant gifts or made grand gestures.  In some ways, I wish that Mother's Day was a bigger deal, but that's not our style.  In the end, a Brewer game and hand-made gift are just right for us.  :)


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

P.S.  If you like what you've read, send a vote my way!  :)

1 comment:

courtney - larking. said...

That card is unbelievably cute. I hope it's going in a frame!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!