Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Need. To. Eat Better.

I was very lucky that I lost all of my pregnancy weight, plus an additional 20 pounds (thanks, breastfeeding!) after Evie was born.  I've been cutting back Evie's feedings since the end of June, and I can definitely tell a difference with my eating/weight.   After 9 months of pregnancy, and 12 months of breastfeeding, I have developed some pretty awful eating habits.  I've gained about 3 pounds since the end of the school year, which I know isn't much, but I don't want to start a pattern.

I was never a work out junkie, but I've always been pretty active.  In college I got into running quite a bit, and it has always been my go-to weight loss tool.  I bought a jogging stroller and started running this spring, but I didn't feel like it was making much of a difference.  This summer, I've been working out with a teacher from my school who is also a personal trainer.  He taught a summer school class for students and other teachers, and it's amazing.  We do weight training and cardio, and it ROCKS!  But....I still don't feel like it's making a difference.  (Other than the muscle definition, which is awesome.) 


I'm not really trying to lose weight.  I'm at the lowest weight I've been since high school, but I'd really like to maintain that.  Working out alone isn't going to cut it anymore.  I need to start eating better, especially eating reasonable portion sizes.  That has always been my downfall.  Whether it's healthy or unhealthy food, I eat A LOT of it.

Going back to my pre-pregnancy weight would not be the end of the world.  I wasn't overweight before.  I own jeans in sizes 4 - 12 from all of my different weight fluctuations over the past couple of years.  (I could open my own store, or else I'd be a very popular garage sale stop!  LOL!)  If I want to stay on the lower end of those sizes, I know I'm going to have to start watching what I eat.  I guess it's time to buckle down.  Ugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!