Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Surgery Update

The surgery went well this morning.  I was able to stay with Evie until she was completely under the anesthetic .  It was heartbreaking to watch, but I was glad that I was able to be there.

The actual procedure was super quick.  I barely had time to compose myself and begin a crossword puzzle to stay occupied, and the doctor was there to tell me how it went.  When I went to the recovery area, one of the nurses had calmed Evie fairly well.  I took her, and she started sobbing!!  She was so groggy and confused from the anesthesia that she was inconsolable.  She would calm down, then try to move, and she would start sobbing again.  In reality, it all only lasted about 15 minutes, and then she was relatively relaxed.  We had to wait in the recovery area for about a half hour, then we were released.

She slept the whole car ride home.  At home, I was able to nurse her, and she ate a few puffs.  By a little after 11:00, she was back to normal for the most part.  She has had some bloody boogers, which they said was normal.  She's napping now, and I hope she sleeps for a while.  (I know I just jinxed myself.)  I think it would be good for her. 

2 comments:

basebell6 said...

wow! didnt realize how quick it would be over and she'd be home! hope tonight goes smooth and she's good as new tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

New follower from TAT. My best friend's daughter is having this same surgery in a month and was told the same 90% success rate stat. Hope Evie's recovery goes well. Nice to "meet" you, hope you come check out my blog :)

Nurse Loves Farmer

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!