Monday, August 22, 2011

What a Way to Start a Monday

Disclaimer:  This post discusses many super gross diaper blowouts.  Not for the squeamish!  YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Apparently, 3 diaper blowouts before 8:00 a.m. = a happy baby!!  Evie has been a super fuss the past couple of days, and I think I figured out why this morning.  She has had issues with constipation since we started rice cereal/purees at six months, but she pooped once each day over the weekend, and I didn't think that was the cause of the fussiness.

I guess I was wrong.  When she woke up for the day around 6:00, she had a poopy diaper that must have woken her up.  It leaked all over her onesie and her crib....eeeeeewwwwww!!  After I got her cleaned up and fed, she was cruising around with her push toy dinosaur while I cleaned the kitchen.  I heard her make the second mess from across the room....This one leaked too....double EEEEWWWW!!! 

I thought that was definitely the end of it.  Oh, was I wrong!!  We were reading books on her bedroom floor (her current favorite pastime), and I noticed the smell.  I picked her up to change her, and this one had leaked not only onto her clothes, but also onto her bedroom floor.  Triple EEEEEWWWWW!!!! She was a very pleasant little girl the rest of the day.  I just couldn't believe the quantity, and all within the span of about two hours!!!

I'm not super squeamish about poop, but this was more than I've seen in a while.  At least it wasn't puke.  I CANNOT handle puke.  M and I have an agreement that he will clean up all puke incidents because seeing another person's vomit always makes me vomit.  Thank goodness Evie didn't spit up much when she was a newborn.... 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That's alot of poop little girl!!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!