Friday, December 23, 2011

Traveling with a Toddler

We don't travel as far as some people do for the holidays, but we definitely have our share of time in the car.  My parents live about 2 and 1/2 hours away near Green Bay, and M's parents live in the completely opposite direction about 1 1/2 hours from our house(near the Iowa/WI border).


Each Christmas since we've been serious enough to attend each other's family Christmas events M and I have done the grand tour of Wisconsin between Christmas and New Year's.  Until a few years ago, we would even drive the 4 hours from  my parent's to M's parent's house on Christmas morning.  One year, we even slid off the road and went in the ditch on the way...glad we don't do that anymore!!! 

Evie was only 6 weeks old the first time she made the trip to my parent's house.  She used to just fall asleep.  As she's gotten bigger, it's become a little more challenging to entertain her.  I keep a stack of graham crackers handy to send back to her if she starts to get fussy.  I'm also probably a hazard on the road when I make faces at her in the rear-view mirror...

This afternoon we'll be making the trip to my parent's house just the two of us.  M has to work all day, and he'll be meeting us there when he gets done.  I'm a little anxious about doing the trip for the first time with her forward-facing carseat.  When she drops her toys it's hard for me to reach them, and she gets frustrated with this too.

I'm sure we'll make it just fine, and we have all kinds of family waiting for us to get there.  ;)

YAY!!!!  Christmas is here!!!!!


Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!