Monday, September 19, 2011

Panama Bound!! Woot woot!!

Yup, I'm going here!!
Every other year, one of my co-teachers and I take a group of kids to a Spanish-speaking country.  In 2008 we went to Mexico City, did a homestay in Cuernavaca, and then spent a few days on the beach in Acapulco.  In 2010 our Spanish club took a trip to Costa Rica.  I couldn't go because I was 8 1/2 months pregnant.  Boo for missing out on the trip, but I got over it when Evie was born.  ;)

Next summer we'll be in Panama for 9 days in July.  We'll be staying with Panamanian families the whole time we are there.  We will get to see the Panama Canal, all kinds of jungle animals, and zip-line through the rain forest!  The kids will go to a language school for a few hours a day each day too. 

On the past two trips, we have done a small amount of service work and it's gone over really well with the students.  So on this trip, we are going to be spending three afternoons helping out at a Panamanian orphanage.  We went to an orphanage in Mexico too.  While it was a sobering experience, it was also great to know that we had helped out.

I can't wait to get some more stamps on my passport!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!