But now, Evie is 16 months old! Crazy how time flies!!!
At 16 months:
- Evie's new words are "no" and "book." "No" is not exactly a great development, but it's kind of nice when she's not using it to try to scold me. She will tell me "no" to more food when she's done eating, etc. That's kind of cool to be able to communicate with her more.
- Walking is so totally last month...now she's picking up speed. Running is where it's at these days.
- She has mastered blowing kisses in the past few weeks. This is something M has been trying to get her to do for a while now. I'm not sure that she completely understands what she's doing, but it's still pretty cute.
- Evie went trick-or-treating for the first time. We didn't actually ask for any candy. We just stopped by a few neighbor's houses. Evie loved walking around with all of the other kids.
- Evie ate her 1st Thanksgiving dinner. She loved the turkey and the dinner rolls!! She didn't care for the mashed potatoes or stuffing, but she did like the brownie I shared with her for dessert. :)
- She has started throwing more and more tantrums...not a good milestone, but it's all part of asserting her independence. For the most part, I can distract her or ignore her so that she quits. We haven't had any serious meltdowns in public yet, but I'm sure our time is coming.
- Evie is working on animal noises and finding her nose, ears, etc. Hopefully I can post about some of those milestones next month!!
|Playing with the dog last week.|