Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgivings Past

Two years ago on Thanksgiving, M and I found out that we were going to be parents.  M had to work that day, so we couldn't drive to either of our parent's houses for the holiday.  We went to big Thanksgiving buffet at a local country club, and celebrated the holiday just the two of us.  We didn't want to announce our pregnancy until Christmas, so it was kind of nice to spend the time with each other, without our families. 

It's hard to believe that it was two years ago already.  In other ways, it's hard to believe it was ONLY two years ago.  This year, we are going to M's parent's house; Thanksgiving on the farm, as I like to call it.  It will be fun.  I love my in-laws and they don't get to see Evie very often.  But lately, I've been thinking  that it would be fun to tell each of our families that we are going to the other one's house and just spend the holiday here, as our own family.

I could never really do that.  I'd feel way too guilty.  Plus, as Evie gets older, I know she'll want that time with her grandparents and her cousins.  The holidays are so hectic sometimes.  I guess I'm just feeling nostalgic for that Thanksgiving a couple of years ago when it was just me and M. 


Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

1 comment:

Amber said...

This year I pulled the it snowed 14 inches last weekend and Craig has to work on Friday card. It's so nice to not have to worry about rushing around, driving five hours. But, it's nice to see family, too. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!