Monday, November 21, 2011

It's Over

I'm officially done breastfeeding.  Last night was my last time nursing Evie for the foreseeable future.  I might nurse to relieve pressure in the next week or so....if there is any pressure.  I went from Wednesday through Sunday without nursing, and my boobs barely even felt full last night.

Evie is ready.  I'm ready.  I'm looking forward to having my body back to myself, but it's kind of strange to think that I'm done.  I never thought that breastfeeding would become such a huge part of my life.  Everyone's experience is different, but breastfeeding became part of my identity for the past 16 months.  Especially in the beginning, my life was completely centered around feeding Evie: perfecting our latch, keeping up my milk supply, pumping, cutting out dairy, nighttime feedings, etc, etc, etc.


I don't really feel sad about it right now.  I did a few months ago, when I felt like we were being forced to quit, but now I know we are ending on our terms.  Now, I just feel grateful that we were able to successfully breastfeed for so long.

Even when it was difficult, I wouldn't change a thing.


Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

2 comments:

basebell6 said...

Glad to it is ending on a good note! ya done well!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Nikki! What a wonderful accomplishment! I felt the same way as you...I want my body back, but it was weird to be done at the same time!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!