Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mommy's Time - Beer of the Week

On the weekends after Evie goes to bed, M and I enjoy what has become our date night.  We have a couple of beers and watch DVRed TV shows that we haven't had a chance to watch all week.  We usually stay up late (wowie, 11:00 p.m.!!), and watch things that I would feel dirty watching with Evie in the room like "Jersey Shore" and "The League." 

M works for a beer distributor and has access to a lot of beer.  He is encouraged to try new products as "market research."  He also gets a discount!  Since we try so much new beer, I thought it would be fun to do a post about what we're drinking this weekend.  I feel a *little* wrong about this since I would label myself as a "mommy blogger," but mommy has to have her time too, right!?!?!?

So, without further ado, my first beer of the week is...


Potosi's Steamboat Shandy

Steamboat Shandy is brewed in the tiny town of Potosi, Wisconsin on the Mississippi River.  It's very close to where M grew up, so we've visited the brewery too.  It's a really neat place with a lot of history. 

I first tried this beer at the Great Taste of the Midwest in Madison in August, and I LOVED it immediately.  It is probably the smoothest beer I've ever had.  Shandies are lemon-flavored beer (I know it sounds weird if you've never tried it, but it's very refreshing), and they are usually only available during the summer months.  I had M snag as many as he could before it went out of stock!

Tonight after Evie goes to bed, I'll be kicking back with one of these and watching dirty TV.  Do you and your significant other have any new rituals like this now that you have a baby?

1 comment:

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

yum, this looks delicious. such a beer girl. have a blast relaxing.

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!