Sunday, October 16, 2011

So frustrating!!

Well, it's about 6 p.m. on Sunday evening, and Evie has napped a total of 45 minutes this weekend.  All 45 of those minutes were from 3 until 3:45 this afternoon.  She has never really been a great napper for me, but this is unprecedented. 

Of course, she naps like a champ at daycare.  I'm not sure what I'm doing differently.  It's is BEYOND FRUSTRATING to try to get her down for a nap, just to end up fighting with her for an hour, and then she stays awake anyway.  We've trying to do the Ferber thing, but it's never worked for us for naps.  We had decent success with it for nighttime sleep though.

She was so tired last night that she nursed herself to sleep, which usually doesn't happen anymore.  Then, she slept for over 11 hours.  I just hopes she nurses herself to sleep and sleeps really well again tonight.  Wish us luck!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I recommend Dr. Weissbluths book Healhty Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It helped us work out those bad nap kinks around Evie's age!
http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Sleep-Habits-Happy-Child/dp/0345486455

Nikki said...

Thanks for the link!! The table of contents definitely has me interested. I'm heading to the library to check it out tomorrow!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!