Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up

I had a 4 day weekend because my school had fall break on Thursday and Friday.  There wasn't much time for relaxing though...we definitely kept busy!

Thursday, Evie had a play date with a little girl from our church who is just a couple of months older than her.  I had 2 one year olds in my care for 2 hours and we all survived!   This girl's mom stays at home, and I've offered to take care of her little girl so that she could have some "mommy" time.  The girls played and ate a snack, and I realized once again that M and I are completely, totally, 100% not ready for baby #2!!

Friday, a mommy friend and her two kids (a little boy who is 3 1/2 and a little girl who is almost 2) came over for a play date.  The mom and I used to teach together, but now she teaches at a different district.  I see her pretty often because our kids go to the same daycare, but we rarely have time to chat.  Evie and her little girl are good friends at daycare, and it was fun to be able to see them play together.  It was also really good to catch up with my friend!

Saturday we had the wedding of one of my coworkers.  My sister (who lives nearby) babysat, my other sister (who lives 4 hours away in central Illinois) drove up to hang out, and two of my aunts (who live a couple hours away) also came to visit. So, there was a party at my house, and I wasn't even here.  I was kind of bummed about it, but the wedding was really nice.  The food was great, and there was cake...which is my favorite part of any wedding! ;)

This morning my sisters, my aunts, Evie and I all went out for breakfast before everyone had to head back home.  We cleaned up, took a nap when Evie did, and relaxed.

I felt like such a mom all weekend with all of the play dates.  I don't have a ton of friends that have kids that live nearby, so this was the first time I've done anything like this.  It was especially nice to talk to my friend about mommy stuff.  I've been having some daycare issues (nothing major..post coming soon), and it was cool to hear another mom's perspective.  I need to do that sort of thing more often. 
 
But now my long weekend is over.  :(  Time to get back to work!!!


Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!